It has been a while since I wrote an update , so this morning seemed like the best time to do it .
We have had a bunch of triumphs and a few tribulations over the last few months . I will start with Peyton . She has changed classes and is now loving her new teacher . Peyton is in tutoring 2 mornings a week and that seems to have helped with her confidence levels .Her teacher says she is a day dreamer .... NOT my kid ! She is probably dreaming of shoes knowing her . Lonnie has signed up to be Peyton's T-ball coach again this season , although I beleive at this age they call it Coach pitch . Peyton is counting the days till her birthday and her party the following Saturday , which happens to be the day of her first T-ball game .. so that should be a fun filled busy day . SOOO April 18th at our house FREE cake ! Time it TBA . We baught a bounce house castle and huge water slide for her party , hopefully it isnt snowing ! IT is spring isnt it ?
So on to Zach , he has been in Preschool for a few months now and he is loving it ! His teacher's name is Miss Jenni ... which he can say , but it sounds like he is channelling Forrest Gump .His aide's name is Miss Tiffany and he really likes her , he calls her all the time on his pretend cell phone . . Zach was FINALLY approved for SSI so he is officially disabled in the State's eyes and with that he now gets Medicaid ... and thank goodness for it becuase he needs to have a very expensive surgery soon . We go in to see the Neuro Surgeon on April 20th for a consultation , and more than likely he will be in for surgery before the end of May . I will try to update here as I get information . His language skills are still hovering around 70 ish words that I can understand , it turns out much less that others can understand . With his Medicaid I can now get him back into therapy that he needs to help him along his path , and they will pay for diapers ! And hopefully a new bigger stroller , his was only made to hold up to 30 lbs and 30 inches ... he is obviously much bigger than that .
Lonnie is now a foreman at Burton Lumber and also still does some design work in the office for them . I have recently started online courses to become an Occupations Therapy Aide and then I hope to go to the community college to be an Certefied Occupationa Therapy Assistant .
That is all for now I have to get Peyton to school .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment